ANDS Guides and Other Resources
These guides provide information about ANDS services and some fundamental issues in data-intensive research and research data management. These are not rules, prescriptions or proscriptions. They are guidelines and checklists to inform and broaden the range of possibilities for researchers, data managers, and research organisations.
- ANDS Discovery Services and the Australian Research Data Commons | [PDF 12KB]
- ANDS Data Connections Strategy | [PDF 148KB]
- Identify My Data | [PDF 137KB]
- Register My Data | [PDF 141KB]
- Research Data Australia | [PDF 383KB]
- Cite My Data | [PDF 98KB]
- ANDS Frequently Asked Questions
- ARDC Activity Infrastructure | [PDF 116KB]
- ARDC Party Infrastructure | [PDF 130KB]
- Content Providers Guide
- Data Capture: Videos and Overheads from the Data Capture Briefing, September 2, 2010
- Defining a Collection | [PDF 449KB]
- Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) | [PDF 338KB]
- Persistent identifiers (Awareness level) | [PDF 117KB]
- Persistent identifiers (Working level) | [PDF 394KB]
- Persistent identifiers (Expert level) | [PDF 952KB]
- Registry Interchange Format - Collections and Services (RIF-CS) | [PDF 197KB]
- What Makes a Useful Collection Record? (RIF-CS) | [PDF 94KB]
- AusGOAL | [PDF 119KB]
- Copyright, data and licensing
- Costs and benefits of data provision
- Research data policy and the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research (Awareness level) | [PDF 377KB]
- Responding to the Code
- Data Citation | [PDF 125KB]
- Data Journals | [PDF 420KB]
- Creating a Culture of Data Citation Poster | [PDF 1.86MB]
- Scholarly communications (Awareness level) | [PDF 124KB]
- ARC - Guide to filling in the data management section - March 2014 | [PDF 194KB]
- Creating a Data Management Framework | [PDF 95KB]
- Data management planning (Awareness level) | [PDF 335KB]
- Ethics, consent and data sharing | [PDF 244KB]
- File formats | [PDF 201KB]
- Geospatial (Awareness level) | [PDF 337KB]
- Storage | [PDF 186KB]
- The Data Curation Continuum | [PDF 160KB]
- What is Research Data? | [PDF 135KB]
Most of these guides have a level designation as well as a title. The three levels are as follows:
- Awareness: Intended for the general public or novice reader. May also serve as an introduction to higher-level documents on the same topic.
- Working: Intended for those who need a working knowledge of the topic. These will tend to focus particularly on how to carry out various tasks, particularly involving services offered by ANDS.
- Expert: Intended only for those who need specialist or advanced management or technical details on this topic.
Not every topic will be covered at all three levels.
We are keen to get feedback on these materials. If you have any comments, constructive criticism, suggestions for improvements or additional topics that we need to cover, please write to email@example.com.
To view PDF files on this page you may need to download the free Adobe Reader program.